Age of Mythology - "Error connecting to stats server. Last saved..
MarkT
2006-07-14 05:12:01 UTC
...rating will be used." Can anyone point me to the programs, ports,
redirects, etc., for AOM? I upgraded Symantec Internet Security (had to, the
support/subscription ran out) and I'm continually getting the subject error
after logging into the online site. I suspect there is some statistics
server connection being attempted behind the scene that is getting blocked,
but there's nothing in the NIS logs to indicate anything is being stopped or
blocked... Digging, digging... Thanks!
+Elmo_Tech
2006-07-14 17:40:27 UTC
Post by MarkT
...rating will be used." Can anyone point me to the programs, ports,
redirects, etc., for AOM? I upgraded Symantec Internet Security (had to, the
support/subscription ran out) and I'm continually getting the subject error
after logging into the online site. I suspect there is some statistics
server connection being attempted behind the scene that is getting blocked,
but there's nothing in the NIS logs to indicate anything is being stopped or
blocked... Digging, digging... Thanks!
This article has a list of needed ports for AOM:

+Elmo_Tech
MarkT
2006-07-17 02:08:02 UTC
Thanks, Elmo (just typed this repsonse and it went to bit heaven, so I'm
trying again.) The ports look helpful and I've printed off the article.
Digging more had troubleshooting suggestion to turn off firewall and see if
the problem persisted - it did. So, I did he chat support, and after some
running around with the support tech, he consulted with a supervisor who told
him it's "a known issue" and they "are working on a resolution" for it. No
eta or info on numbers of AOM folk affected. So, jammed for now, but may
still ensure the ports are open (though NIS worked fine with AOM previously).
Thanks again for the article pointer, MarkT